Wednesday, May 6, 2009

My Eco House


If we went to the Matai islands I would have a house like this. It would be one of the best eco friendly houses to live in. I have solar panels on the roof to heat up the house. I will also have insulation (I would test a few materials used for insulation and find which one is the best) to help keep this eco house warm.

I would have wind turbines to turn kinetic energy (Kinetic energy is moving energy) into electricity. These wind turbines will not produce enough energy on a normal day, it would need a day with pretty strong winds. But, this will not only save you alot more money but it will also help the environment alot.

I would also have photovoltaic cells (photovaltaic cells turn sunlight or any type of light into electricity) on the roof for more electricity in case the wind turbines don't produce enough electricity. Some materials show a property known as the photoelectric effect that causes them to absorb photons of light and release electrons. When these free electrons are captured, an electric current results that can be used as electricity.


My house windows would be double glazed windows. Double glazed windows will let the suns rays into the house and will keep the rays in the house so the house will stay nice and warm long after the sun has set.


I would have Ground Source Heat Pumps under ground my house. This will keep my house warm in winter and cool in summer, and of course it is one of the best eco friendly things to use in your house.


A water butt is a great way to get fresh rain water. You can get a range of sizes from 209 litres to 30000 litres! These water butts will save rain water inside them and you can use them to get fresh tap water, refreshing shower water and heaps more. It is a great way to save money and obviously one of the best things to use in your home.


Here is the link that I got all of this interesting information from: http://www.righthouse.co.nz/

1 comment:

  1. Wow M-boy! Excellent work. Well done for listening to my feedback and adding descriptions of the tricky terms like kinetic energy and photothingy cells :-) You have taught me something. Thank you.
    MrWoody

    ReplyDelete

My 'Abodo'